- Learn the skills to do a multi-day river trip including:
- Rowing an oar frame
- Rigging to flip
- Basic river safety
- Learning to “read” the river
- Proper meal preparation and clean up
- Explore one of the last free-flowing rivers in the lower 48
- Abundant wildlife and stunning scenery
- Camp on white sandy beaches
- Healthy local and organic meals
Learn to Row and Rig a Raft
Are you interested in doing overnight river trips but not quite sure how to do it? This is the course for you! Our experienced guides will give you all of the necessary skills and knowledge to run the Main Salmon. Learn the skills to successfully navigate Class I-III rapids using oars.
Learn to read the river, basic river rescue techniques, how to flip over a raft, how to pack your raft for flipping, how to cook, groover, dishes, group dynamics, scouting, food handling, leave no trace, etc. This is a hands-on course where will you will be participating in many of the necessary duties of successfully going downstream on a river trip. Depending upon the size of the group, everyone will get multiple hours on the oars/day. By the morning of the last day, you will load the boats with the supervision from our guides.
Being on the Salmon is a truly unique, life changing experience! Join us for the wild journey down the famous “River of No Return.” *Please be sure to let us know if you have any special dietary restrictions.
- River Rating: Class I-III
- Minimum Age: 16 (Minor must be accompanied by an adult)
- Length: 3 days, 28 miles
- 2023 Dates:
- July 7 – 9
- August 4 – 6 *Women Only
- August 11 – 13
- Max number of participants: 8
- Includes: Camping, meals, and equipment
- From: $999