WOMEN’S BEGINNER KAYAKING COURSE
Discover the joy of running rivers in a kayak with the ladies! Enjoy 5 days at our pristine, all inclusive, base camp on the wild and scenic Salmon River in Idaho. Expert women guides provide personalized instruction, teaching you the fundamentals of whitewater paddling.
2024 Dates: July 14 – July 20, 2024
Length: 7 days
Includes: Camping, Healthy Meals/Snacks, All River Equipment, All Activities
River Rating: Class I-II
Age: 12 -15
WHAT YOUR TRIP WILL LOOK LIKE
Every day young kayakers, of every skill level, gear up for a full day of river running and professional kayaking instruction on the Wild and Scenic Salmon River. Students learn the fundamentals of running whitewater; properly fitting a kayak, catching eddies, paddling strokes, river safety, wet exiting, rolling techniques, how to “read” the river, etc. Video analysis in our learning lodge excels boater’s learning. Evenings are filled with activity: hiking, rock climbing, challenge course, games, swimming and fun. The week closes with a bon fire ceremony celebration of all the week’s successes and memorable moments.
INCLUDED IN YOUR EXPERIENCE
- Individualized instruction 1:4 instructor: client ratio
- 30+ miles of river access with perfect water from every learning level (Class I-III/IV, seasonal)
- High quality kayaking gear, PFD’s and fleet of boats (or bring your own)
- Video analysis in our learning lodge
- A 19-acre river front campus with hiking, rock climbing, frisbee golf and challenge course.
- Delicious snacks, breakfast, lunch and dinner*
- Lodging –riverfront platform wall tents with cots
- Warm showers in the bath house
- Possible transportation to and from Missoula Montana Airport.
*We are happy to accommodate any special dietary requirements or limitations, please notify us when booking your adventure.
**Not included: airfare, travel insurance