BEGINNER KAYAKING COURSE
Discover the joy of running rivers in a kayak! Enjoy 4 days at our pristine, all inclusive, base camp on the wild and scenic Salmon River in Idaho. Expert guides provide personalized instruction, teaching you the fundamentals of whitewater paddling.
July 22 – 25, 2024
Length: 4 days
Includes: Instruction, lodging, meals, and equipment
River Rating: Class I-III
WHAT YOUR TRIP WILL LOOK LIKE
This all-inclusive course is designed to kick start a lifetime of kayaking. After a delicious breakfast at base camp each morning, our expert guides will build each day of instruction around your developing kayaking skills. With a focus on the fundamentals of kayaking (properly fitting your boat, catching eddies, paddling strokes, river safety, wet exiting, rolling techniques, how to “read” the river, etc.) each day’s morning and afternoon river sessions will improve your technique and confidence. Video analysis throughout the training deepen your learning and understanding. Our stretch of the Salmon River has all the water levels to perfectly meet your progression. Return to camp each evening for a hot shower and dinner at the Eddy, our on-site restaurant. End your day as you like – relaxing with a book, hiking a trail out of camp, or play a round of disc golf. With the support and instruction from our top notch guides, you will depart a river runner for life!
INCLUDED IN YOUR EXPERIENCE
- Individualized instruction 1:4 instructor: client ratio
- 30+ miles of river access with perfect water from every learning level (Class I-III/IV, seasonal)
- High quality kayaking gear, PFDs and fleet of boats (or bring your own)
- Video analysis in our learning lodge
- A 19-acre river front campus with hiking, rock climbing, disc golf and challenge course.
- Delicious snacks, breakfast, lunch and dinner*
- Lodging –riverfront platform wall tents with cots
- Warm showers in the bath house
*We are happy to accommodate any special dietary requirements or limitations, please notify us when booking your adventure.
Guests are welcome to bring their own alcohol.
**Not included: airfare, travel insurance